As with every other essay type, choosing good informative essay topics is one of the things students find most difficult. Most students get stuck in choosing the best topic for their informative essay. They usually face this difficulty either because they can’t find one that suits their content or have too many great topics to choose from.
However, searching for and choosing a great informative essay topic is not as hard as it seems. This article aims to simplify the process for you by providing top informative essay topics for A-grade-deserving informative writing. It also provides you with tips that can make the searching and choosing process easier.
What Informative Essays Entail
The essence of an informative essay is to inform and educate readers on a certain subject. An informative essay is a form of an academic essay; it may focus on defining specific terms, comparisons and contrasts, how-to tips, or analyzing information. However, an informative essay does not express the writer’s point of view; it should be unbiased and contain enough facts to move readers to make their own decisions.
How to Choose a Captivating Informative Essay Topics
When choosing informative essay topics, bear these in mind:
- The informative essay topic should be something you are passionate about;
- Your audience should be interested in it;
- It should be related to the subject matter;
- There should be enough information concerning the subject for informative writing;
- You can check online for good informative topic ideas for a clue on how to pattern yours.
111 Interesting Informative Topics to Write About
We give you 111 topic ideas for your informative essay writing; feel free to choose any one from this pool of ideas.
General Informative Writing Topics
- College pregnancy
- Teenage pregnancy
- Social media impact
- Procrastination among students
- Stress college students face
- Global poverty
- Domestic violence
- Violence in video games
- The negative influence of video games on children’s mental development
- The disadvantage of fast food to human health
- Racism among students
- College scholarships
- Cyber Bullying
- Single parenting
- Influence of single parenting on middle school children
Interesting Topics for Informative Essays for High School and Middle School
- My best house pet
- My superhero
- My grandmother’s secret recipe for cooking pasta
- What roles do smartphones play in the lives of young people?
- The incidence that changed everything
- The day I met my best friend
- How color influences my mood
- The negative impact of over-popularity in middle school
- The role of trainers in sports
- How kindness is the ultimate personal trait
- The nutritional value of having donuts for dinner
- How kids make parenting hard
- Global warming
- Legalization of guns in the United States
- Analyzing Artificial Intelligence as a learning solution
- Are modern students open to changes within the school system?
- The relationship between music and enhanced work efficiency
- How being organized helps students in school
- Parents should be in control of how much time their kids spend watching TV
- Several ways spontaneity improves lives
Good Informative Essay Topics for College Students
- Several ways community services influences college students positively
- The major roles published literature plays in research
- How college dress code enhances the academic proficiency of college students
- College partying and drinking: its impact on students’ academic prowess
- Comfort college weekend: how long should it be?
- Sports in colleges: should it be optional or mandatory?
- The adverse effects of processed food on the system
- The impact of video games on students’ behavior
- What your handwriting says about you
- Analyzing the poverty state of developing countries in the world
- COVID-19: how does the millennial generation react to it?
- The new face of rising hunger in the world
- Stress in high school and college students: how to manage it
- Depression in college students: causes, symptoms, and treatment
- The prevalence of sexual relationships between professors and college students
- Economic transformation: what role does the millennial generation play?
- Leadership in class: how to build it
- How video games affect academic performance
- Holidays are not for studying
- Summer classes vs. autumn classes: which ones are more productive?
Captivating Informative Topics for Inspiration
- The origin of hip-hop culture
- Family support in sports: explaining its importance
- Child abuse and the psychological traumas it causes
- The legality of abortion in the United States: an ethical dilemma
- A debate on capital punishment
- Is procrastination a defense mechanism?
- What roles do hobbies play in students’ academic success?
- Insomnia: how to defeat it
- Recipe for cooking the perfect brownies
- Proven ways to get rid of harmful habits
- Step-by-step guide on how to wash a pet
- Expert tips for writing a great informative essay
- Solar panels: what they are, types, and how do they function?
- Great ways to build stable friendships
- Tips for removing grass stains
- Grooming your cat
- Ice cream: how to cook
- Recipe for making great donuts
- How to professionally edit your photo
- Easy ways to wash linen trousers
Comparison and Contrast Informative Writing Topics
- College vs. High School: differences and similarities
- Employed or Unemployed students: who takes much of the life?
- American English vs. British English
- Major differences between a Master’s degree and a Ph.D.
- Are Nazism and fascism similar or different?
- Village life vs. city life
- Online commerce vs. traditional commerce
- New York Times vs. Forbes
- Argumentative essays vs. persuasive essays
- Comparing TOEFL and SAT
- Which is healthier, tea or coffee?
- College life vs. real life
- Whole foods vs. processed foods
- Remote learning or traditional education: which is better?
- Classroom teaching vs. online teaching: which is more effective?
More Informative Writing Topic Ideas for Inspiration
- Sex and religion
- Chronic stress
- Acute stress
- Stress management
- Social inequality
- Social media and bullying
- How COVID-19 has increased the unemployment rate in countries
- Political corruption
- Making financial decisions in private businesses
- The role of advertising, marketing, and branding in sales
- The role of human resources in businesses
- Analyzing industrial corridors in economy and businesses
In conclusion, there is a myriad of information on the internet to help you write a great informative essay. Moreover, you can hire professional help to guide you through informative essay writing or write it.